Buying a property is a big step. It can be a great way to invest in your future and be an exciting time.
However, if you’re buying alone or with someone else, it’s important to find out as much as possible about the housing market, mortgages and all your options before you get carried away.
Here’s some useful websites to help you get the low down on buying your own place:
- Step by step guide to buying.
- Step by step guide to renting.
- Everything you need to know and consider before signing on the dotted line.
- Information on buying, selling and renting.
- Search for a property.
- Buying at auction.
- Tips on DIY.
- Compare the pro’s and con’s of renting vs buying.
- Check out the different types of mortgages available.
- Useful tools such as a Mortgage Calculator and Interest Calculator.
- Tips and information for first time buyers.
- Check list of what to look for when viewing a property.
- Search for and compare mortgages.
- Information on buying to let.
Who can help?
The following sites all contain useful information and advice for anyone who is thinking about buying a house:
- BBC Onelife at www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onelife/housing/buying/buy_intro.shtml
- Channel 4 at www.channel4.com/4homes/buyingandselling/how2buy/h2buy_firsttime.html
- Mortgage information at http://www.mortgages.co.uk/first-time-buyers/introduction.html
The following sites are useful when searching for a house:
- Fish4Homes at www.fish4.co.uk
- Smart New Homes at www.smartnewhomes.com
- Right Move at www.rightmove.co.uk